Translate

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Marilyn Harris - CASD Region 3

Why are you running for a seat on the CASD School Board?

I am running for a seat on the CASD School  Board because I am very concerned about the reading illiteracy in our students, the need for each and every student to be educated equally to the best of their abilities, and to reduce the ongoing and recent violence and bullying incidents that adversely affects our students.

 

What experience and/or background will assist you in being a successful school board member?

My experience and/or background that will assist my success as a school board member is that of personal experience in rearing my own children. As such, I am acquainted also with the challenges of children, teachers and learning.  Moreover, I have a love and compassion for the successful growth and development of all youth.


What involvement have you had in CASD schools or our community? 

I do believe in being involved in and enhancing the community in which I live. Volunteering is important to me, and I currently do so on a regular basis at the Coatesville Salvation Army, in addition to feeding the homeless and those in need of food.

 

What do you believe are the top two or three issues CASD is currently facing? 

 

My top issues facing the CASD are improving academic scoring, IEP student follow-up, and securing a safe environment for learning.

 

Is there a particular issue that motivates you to serve?  If elected, what will you prioritize?

 

A particular issue that motivates me to serve, and if elected, is the protection, safety, and emotional well-being of all students, especially in light of the recent disturbing events at school.

 

What role do you believe the community should play in our schools?

 

The role that I believe the community should play in our schools is to support each other interdependently; building a bridge for better and stronger relationships between families, community and schools.

 

Is there anything else you would like to share with voters?

I would like to share with voters that when we, parents, community, and school board members, look to and work together resolving the challenges before us, and strategize with hopeful expectation, we can achieve even more successful schools!


No comments:

Post a Comment